Forums » Yuba Foothills General Discussion

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Digitalpath

• 41 posts
    September 20, 2012 9:21:32 AM PDT

Is any one else having Problems with Digitalpath ? I haven't had good reliable Internet for well  over 2 months for the last week I have been dropped over 40 times a day (that's according to their  records ) .

I call get put on hold for 5-25 minutes and if you get transferred back on hold you go They are going to send a tech out to check maybe as early as next week  . How are they doing for you?

• 94 posts
    September 20, 2012 9:17:45 PM PDT

I have had Digital Path for about a year..and I am very pleased with the service.

• 41 posts
    September 21, 2012 10:32:12 AM PDT
    My internet service with digitalpath has been OK but I finally dropped their phone service. I hate the music you have to listen to when you phone them and get put on hold!
    • 2 posts
    September 21, 2012 11:56:47 AM PDT

We had Digital Path for a little over a year. The first couple of months were atrocious -- we were getting less than 1mbps most of the time when we had signed up for the 6 mbps plan; Friday and Saturday night we couln't use any kind of streaming service because the service was too slow due to the overload on their connections.  After numerous phone calls the service improved. However about four months ago we started having outages again and most recently in June we were down for large parts of the working day for the entire first week of June. We were told that it would take five to six days for a repair person to even come and look to see what the problem is. I work out of my home so that was a big issue. We decided to switch providers and after 2.5 months we haven't had any outages and the service is consistently at the service level we are paying for.

In my opinion, which is corroborated by talking to other customers in the foothills, has the worst customer support you can ever be so unlucky to have. You can stay waiting on hold for 45 minutes to an hour. If it's over 59 minutes you get cut off and have to start all over again. The staff, not all, but many were consistently rude and arrogant.  I can't say much to recommend them. You might want to try another provider. Some of them won't charge anything to come and do an install if you sign up for a two or three year plan. But, in any case, it's not really worth paying for service you are not getting.

• 968 posts
    September 22, 2012 8:26:35 AM PDT
    I have had digitalpath for a while (3years?). This is what I have found: The speed is not consistently fast enough for voice over ip. So my phone is once again AT&T, but they gave me an offer that was about half of what I paid before with several features added.
    Customer service is THE BEST, but only when there aren't lots of problems on the system. They have a couple of folks doing tech support in Chico, who will do everything they can to re-route you for more speed, to check the particular tower you are coming off of etc, but that takes time and if there are lots of problems they don't ever get to you.
    I've long been a believer that the same plan isn't the best for everyone, whether we're talking internet service, phones, hospitals, health plans, grocery stores whatever. You have to find the one that is available to you that best fits your needs. Soooo, I'm happy with digitalpath. I live in a spot where my options are dial-up, hughesnet, and digitalpath. Digitalpath is the best of the three, hands down. Now, other people have other options. You have to find your own best.
    • 33 posts
    September 22, 2012 9:06:38 AM PDT
    Had the exact same problem...constantly being dropped throughout the day - over a period of a year - they replace their equipment twice and both times they charged me for the "climbing the tree fee" not happy. This second equipment replacement just took place last month and so far no drops but it does tend to lag at times, therefore; sometimes we can only have one device working at a time. I'm told this lagging is due the relay on Oregon Peak. You will have to ask for a credit for the months with poor service because they surly will not automatically credit you. If I was assured that SucceeedNet is a stronger and consistent connection I would switch - but I get the feeling they are not that much different.
    • 44 posts
    September 23, 2012 6:28:04 AM PDT
    I've been calling and emailing with tech support all this month. I pay for the fast 6 Mbps, and at night only get 1.26 Mbps. They say that they are planning an upgrade soon, but I shouldn't have to pay full price for 1/4 service. The billing department will not call me back or respond to my emails. They seem overwhelmed and understaffed. I was happy with the service, but now I'm beginning to wonder what's up with the future of DP?
    • 290 posts
    September 24, 2012 10:19:30 AM PDT
    Go Succeed. Example. Wireless outage this morning. Called the tech support, they knew what was going on - they had a welcome message letting me know so I didn't need to even speak with them or wait on hold. Tech went to the tower right away. Tech support called me to tell me what they were doing to fix the problem. Came back on around 9.15. As I type this, the tech called me again to make sure I was still OK. That's what I call service.
    • 44 posts
    October 2, 2012 4:06:01 PM PDT
    I've been communicating with DP tech support for the last 1.5 months. I recently came across the email address of the owner of DP and started to cc him in my correspondence because I was getting no action or resolution from the support team. Well, today I got this message from the Technical Manager...

"I would really appreciate if you would only correspond with myself on this issue. I am the Technical Manager at this company and will be the only person that will communicate further with you about this issue. I am getting close to resolving your issue and will keep you updated. If you further e-mail the owner of the company I will have to close your account."

Apparently the owner does not want to be bothered with unsatisfied customers.

I've contracted with Succeed.net so that I don't need to be a bother to Digital Path any longer.
    • 10 posts
    October 2, 2012 4:12:58 PM PDT

I guess nothing is going to work as well as we want. I changed from Hughesnet, which was horrendous at a horrendous price, to Verizon once the cell tower went in at Gold Eagle Market. I went from about 1.5 mbs to almost six. I had a few glitches up front--having to reboot my unit too often, but that hasn't happened much at all in the last few months. I can at least stream a few movies per month on my plan (5mb) but blue ray eats up the mbs pretty fast. I guess that is true of all providers--it's not them but available bandwidth etc. Geek Squad installed mine, but I think it's a pretty easy swtich if you are in reach of the cell tower.

• 41 posts
    October 2, 2012 4:36:34 PM PDT

Well Digitalpath Finley got a tech to come out here there were  of them, If they only sent  1 they could cover more customers . One  did all of the work the other one just looked around (sort of bugged me ) .

Any way he put up a new antenna and so far its been good . A few drops and slow downs but compared to how it was its very good lets hope it stays like it is I would suggest if you are having problems ask /demand a new antenna The tech said that the square ones are outdated  .

Thanks  Dennis

• 44 posts
    October 8, 2012 7:35:27 PM PDT
    I just moved from Digital Path to Succeed.net today and could not be happier! Literally getting 5x the speed download, and 3x the speed upload faster. Needed a minor adjustment and Tech Support answered the phone directly, no holding, no queueing. Got it fixed after 5 mins on the phone, even got a follow-up phone call 60 mins later to see if I had any reoccurrences (which I didn't). Every contact I had so far has been very professional, sales, install, support. Not looking back...thanks Succeed.net