Forums » Yuba Foothills General Discussion

All Forums:  Advertisers | Book Club | Community Watch | General Discussion | Politics | Recipes | Support     New Topics & Replies

Who is the new Vet at Prairie Creek Vet Hosp?

• 60 posts
    June 11, 2013 1:57:37 PM PDT

Does anyone know who the new Vet is at Prairie creek?  I heard that the one that started 2 months ago quit?  Some people said she was nice?  Is the same one still there, since Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Chaillie left?

• 75 posts
    June 15, 2013 5:19:13 PM PDT
    When I tried to make an appointment with them for my new puppy the woman who answered the phone was rude to me. I canceled the appointment, because of her.
    • 110 posts
    June 16, 2013 9:21:58 AM PDT
    I heard from a reliable source that the first vet quit, as well. I went in the other day to pick up some food and was told the vet working at the time is from the Sacramento area. I don't know if she is permanent, or not.
    • 179 posts
    June 21, 2013 2:46:36 PM PDT
    the staff I dealt with wasn't nice when I was at a critical time. The only one that helped had been there for many years thank goodness she was still there. The Vet well for first impression wasn't great. But through the ordeal later wasn't too bad. This one phone person was terrible. Some common sense was lacking. The one nurse I dealt with ticked me off the way she handled a situation. THIS was my first time back there since all changes. I may give it one more shot after I let them know or if they read this. If things don't change then goodbye
    • 134 posts
    June 21, 2013 3:33:10 PM PDT
    Marissa is the new owner-manager. They been going thru a big ordeal. We should give her a chance to get things right.
    • 199 posts
    June 21, 2013 3:59:25 PM PDT
    I love the Rudi and Willy. Hope they are doing well.
    • 134 posts
    June 21, 2013 4:12:25 PM PDT
    froglet, they are fine! 11 years old now. we are always on the lookout for rattlers. Willi's been bitten twice. MrBill
    • 199 posts
    June 21, 2013 5:15:07 PM PDT
    I am so glad to hear they are doing well they are precious boys. Tell them Dr. S says to stay away from those naughty mean snakes!!!!
    • 199 posts
    June 21, 2013 5:19:35 PM PDT
    Just a thought: Last time I was at Valley Oaks Veterinary Center in Chico they had a flier posted for rattlesnake aversion classes that teach dogs to alert and run away from rattlers. I don't remember where or when the classes are but the receptionist up there may be able to give you that info. A lot of my hunting dog clients go to these classes so that their dogs don't get bit in the field when hunting. Valley Oaks number is
    (530) 342-7387 and they are available 24-7 if you call.
    • 113 posts
    June 21, 2013 8:28:43 PM PDT
    Marissa is not the "New Owner/Manager" she is the same person in the same position as she was back in 2011 when she was so rude to everyone and left Dr. Chaillie. She got the clinic back. Unfortunately, none of the staff at that time wanted to continue working for her given her behavior the first time. She is obviously up to her old tricks again. Nothing has changed. Vets rotate in and out as she is unable to find one to work long enough for her as her reputation proceeds her. Does anyone know why Dr. Young quit around May?
    • 30 posts
    June 22, 2013 8:41:31 AM PDT
    I went in a few months back for my one dogs rabies vaccination as her license was due, the young gal at the counter was nice but seemed ill at ease when I asked about getting the vaccination? there was only one other client in the clinic when I was there and so my wait wasnt long but when the vet came out she didnt greet me or ask my dogs name she just took the leash and walked her into the back room and closed the door and came back a few minutes later handed me the leash and walked away???? REALLY? no greeting, , no questions, no check of any kind and I didnt much care for my dog being out of my sight. I've had a few vets in my time and Ive never had any that acted this way. Boy do I miss Doc Sullivan and the entire previous staff. I gave them a try but was sorely disappointed and saddened. I wont be going back so I guess its time to find a new vet. Its such a shame they were just down the road too :(
    • 113 posts
    June 22, 2013 12:57:31 PM PDT
    That is the sad part of everything. She ran off the community back in 2011. Dr. Challie hired Doctor Sullivan and then the community migrated back and had two good years of veterinary care by CARING staff and doctors. Then Marissa has Doc Sullivan fired; she takes over; staff all quits and here we go again. I think everyone wanted to see her succeed, but in order to succeed in a veterinary hospital, EVERYONE needs to be caring and compassionate. That doesn't happen at PCH. Convenience is never worth sacrificing the care of your pet. You may have to drive 20 miles, but there are two great vets in Penn Valley, of course Marysville, Yuba City, Oroville, Chico. It may be time consuming, but the quality of care is worth it. My pet never leaves my sight when at a vets office - NEVER. Based on my own experience - if they don't want you back with your pet, they have something to hide. I'm not willing to take that risk with any of my pets. Rotating vets don't build a relationship with your pet nor continuity of same. Make time for the extra drive, in the end, your pet will welcome the competent care and you will embrace the compassion and caring offered by the staff. This I know to be true - if you eat food prepared by an angry chef, you will get the runs soon afterwards as your body does what it needs to do to get rid of the negativity :-)
    • 70 posts
    June 28, 2013 11:12:36 AM PDT
    Hello to the Yuba Foothills and all their pets. I haven't been on this site for a very very long time as I find I get caught up in the gossip, politics and whatsoever. However, I do want to express my concern over this topic … PRAIRIE CREEK VET OFFICE.

We found the office on a whim back in I believe was 2008, the day after Christmas. The only other place open was Yuba-Sutter Vet. Our two dogs where playing, got a little rough and our female needed stitches and staples. Dr. Challie charged us $350 +/- a few and our dog came home the same day. Yuba Sutter Vet wanted in EXCESS of $1,350 PLUS overnight stay. So that is how we became a client of Dr. Challies. Over the time, we were not happy w/Marisa, however we did not complain as we found out they were married. When he left due to personal reasons and Dr. Sullivan came on we stayed. We loved her and we have referred friends, clients and others to her, all the way from Lake Wildwood and Plumas Lake areas. We were generally the family that called after hours and appreciated the loyalty.

Now, March 11, 2013 we called and requested all files of our pets, including, hand written notes, x-rays, x-ray notes, RX dates and reasons for be sent to us. No problem, yeah right. I've called 3 times since then, as we live in Smartsville (Penn Valley area), and it's a little ways to drive, I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED my papers.

Yesterday, 6/27/2013, 3 1/2 months later, I call once again, as we now have an epileptic dog who needs to be cared for. I asked the person who answered, why I have not received my papers as we are in need of getting our pets cared for. She, and if I recall correctly, her name is 'Dawn', said, they are here but I have to fill out a form and then it has to be APPROVED by Marisa, wait, the OFFICE MGR. but she wasn't in at that time. HOLD ON … 3 1/2 months and just now you're tell me I need an APPROVAL for my pets records. NO FRICKEN WAY. No I am beyond being mad. I am livid and rightfully so. I will NOT ALLOW ANYONE… to say I need APPROVAL to have copies of what I have already paid for over the years. If this is Marisa's way of trying to have control, which in my opinion is a control tactic, she's going to loose. As a result of this incident, I have finally decided to put my foot down and contact the Vet Board and file a formal complaint.

For those of you who have chosen to stay, as it is your choice, I do hope for the best for you and your pet(s).

And those who have left, where have you gone to? How many others have filed formal complaints and what is the process?

Thanks,
    Teresa Toledo-Larios
    • 2801 posts
    June 28, 2013 11:47:35 AM PDT
    I agree you should have had your records in hand.
    If I might be so bold, have you thought about making an appointment with Marissa (the manager or whoever) and seeing what happens?
    I really hoped the service we enjoyed with Drs S & C would not change. I think we all understand no business can make everyone satisfied. The problem is we're hearing of trouble at PCH again since the change.
    • 113 posts
    June 28, 2013 11:49:40 AM PDT
    NorthPointe in Yuba (Live Oak) just up from the Dairy Queen has been great. They can also call for your records. If you message Doctor Sullivan she can tell you the process to file the complaint with the State Veterinary Board re: your records. Just google State Veterinary Board and click on Complaints or something close to that. I actually stood at the counter until they handed me my records. I bugged them until I had them in hand. Your records are your records. Good luck and keep us posted.
    • 199 posts
    June 28, 2013 2:49:24 PM PDT
    I cannot discuss PCAH nor do I wish to. I do not have any association with PCAH nor do I wish to. If anyone wishes to discuss their pets that is fine, but I don't wish to have anything to do with PCAH. Sorry this is brief and testy, but I just don't want any part of the troubles with that clinic.
    • 2 posts
    June 28, 2013 9:20:39 PM PDT
    Dear Yuba Foothill Fans,
    I would like to introduce myself to the few I have already met and the many that I have never yet had the privilege of meeting. My name is Marissa Mauldin the owner of Prairie Creek Animal Hospital. I have been an owner of Prairie Creek Animal Hospital since 2007 and now am the sol-owner of Prairie Creek Animal Hospital. I have watched this forum for many years and watched many individuals write statements about myself, my staff, my ex-husband, and my hospital that were many times one sided and untruthful. I have never responded because I have never been the type to engage in unprofessional and slanderous behavior.
    However since my staff and I have been personally threatened to be turned into the medical board for refusing our clients the privilege of having a copy of their records, I feel it is time to speak up. I understand the frustration of losing a beloved veterinarian and staff to new veterinarians and staff that you are not accustomed to. However I do not feel it is necessary and right to purposely slander these people without first trying to get to know them or even meeting them yourself. Instead negative rumors are spread and judgments are made long before they are given a chance.
    I may not care about what is said about myself because I am strong and know that I always take the upper road. However when my doctors, staff, and loyal clients are being attacked and I feel I need to defend them. I am watching all of you accuse us of refusing to release records when we have never refused to release records. In fact the measures we have taken to ensure the safety of our client’s records and the safe release of those records would astound you. These measures are not meant to frustrate or harm anyone only to protect our clients.
    Unfortunately we have had to initiate many of these measures because we have encountered unprofessional behavior by others whom have called impersonating our clients to get ahold of records, have had individuals that have repeatedly gotten copies of records and claimed that they never received them, and others whom have never requested them and have claimed they had. We take all of this serious because these records do belong to the practice and we have to keep them confidential and safe for a minimum of 3 years. So we do ask that our clients sign a request form and to verify where they would like those records to be transferred to so that we can track and defend ourselves against needless threats and accusations. Even when we have encountered all of this we still realize this process can be frustrating so we make it a policy to try to expedite all phone request we get by calling the client (if it is a hospital requesting records) or if it’s a client calling, we first offer to fax, email or mail a request and If that’s not possible we then have the client come down to fill out the form so we can fulfill the request. We have provided hospitals in the area a blank form to keep on file so that if a client is there they can sign it, fax it to us, so we can forward those records in a timely manner. We have even in some urgent cases sent a copy of records strait to the new hospital with a blank form attached to be filled out and returned to us. We have also in some cases when requests have be fulfilled multiple times and we still have been accused that we have not provided them, sent copies certified mail with return receipt. In short all measures have been taken to fulfill our obligations to protect our client’s personal and confidential information, legally and morally, and we are still being attacked.
    These accusations have gotten so bad that I am personally at the hospital 6 days a week to handle all of these requests myself in the quickest possible manner. All I can ask is that all of you consider what the effect may be on the rest of the community, my staff, and my doctors when you cause them irrefutable harm by filing false claims that could cause a hospital to close, a tech or doctor to lose their license when they have done nothing wrong. If any of you feel you have been treated badly by myself, my staff, or my doctors now, in the past, or in the future I request the common curtsy of having the problem reported to me so that I rectify the situation. I will make myself available for anyone who has a concern, question, or who just wants to say hello. So PLEASE give me the chance to make this hospital the type of hospital that I know it can be……a place anyone would feel comfortable taking their most beloved family member to……..a place we all can love!!! Because I know I love this hospital, the staff, the doctors, our clients, their furry family members, and this community and plan to stay!
    One more note….”tmtoledo” I am truly sorry that you feel we have denied your requests for your pet’s records. Yesterday was the first time we have received a call from you requesting records since we have been under new ownership. I have tried to contact you directly myself after my employee spoke to you yesterday but my calls have not been returned and all other contact information we have for you is no longer accurate. I would like to explain that your request was made on 3/11/13 which was prior to the time I was in control of the hospital so I apologize that the past employees never called to tell you that your records were ready and I unfortunately had no control over that. As my employee informed you yesterday that she had discovered that your records had been ready since 3/11/13 @ 11:46am, and were in your file waiting for you to pick them up. If you hadn’t called yesterday we would have never known that you had requested your records, and much to our surprise they were already copied and in your file since 3/11/13 @ 11:46am. You had mentioned that your pet had an appointment somewhere else that day so my employee suggested that you could come down on your way to your pet’s appointment to sign that form and take the records right then and there. You said you were going to come by but the records still have not been picked up. I hope that this message finds you so that we can remedy this situation. Feel free to contact me at the office at 530-749-6530.
    I wish all of you a Happy and Safe Fourth of July and hope to see you all soon.
    Sincerely,
    Marissa Mauldin
    Owner
    Prairie Creek Animal Hospital

• 199 posts
    June 29, 2013 8:21:48 AM PDT

I did not want to enter this fray but you have got to be kidding:  "we have encountered unprofessional behavior by others whom have called impersonating our clients to get ahold of records, have had individuals that have repeatedly gotten copies of records and claimed that they never received them"

Really???  Sounds like you need to stop watching the X-files..Sounds like a paranoid delusion and a poor defense for not giving other doctors or clients their records when requested.

A veterinary hospital has a responsibility to preserve a file for three years since the last visit but a veterinary hospital does not own the clients and patients that go there for service and last check I did the relationship is a veterinary-client-patient relationship not a veterinary hospital owner-client-patient relationship.

• 2801 posts
    June 29, 2013 1:22:10 PM PDT
    Couple things:
    Requests for records should be made in writing either via fax or in person. Email is probably okay too.

There's been enough complaints on this forum about poor customer service (not poor treatment or procedures) that hopefully it will used as constructive criticism to remember without customers there is no business. There is no excuse for being rude - and that goes for both customers and staff.
    • 921 posts
    June 29, 2013 6:16:19 PM PDT
    Prairie Creek, Marissa, would you mind answering the original question: Who is the new vet? Or in this case, maybe who are the vets that are presently working at Prairie Creek? I know that it can be hard to discern tone from a posting, but I am asking in a polite, respectful but curious way.
    • 330 posts
    June 30, 2013 5:51:29 PM PDT
    Every time I have moved and had to change vets I had to request their records in writing. I don't think that is an unreasonable request.
    2 grands you are sooo right. There is no excuse for being rude- that goes for both customers, staff and former vets. Let's hope this doesn't get into a pissing match between Marissa and Dr. Sullivan on the forum. This is not the place for that. Maybe people need to give Marissa and the vets a chance. My friend who was here as a vet has already been "run off" by all the negativity and false accusations. At some point people need to stop and just move on!!!!
    • 113 posts
    June 30, 2013 6:11:31 PM PDT
    manywhoas, your friend was on duty (though that is a very loosely used term) the day I had to take my pet in. The office staff was having a party, Marissa was not in the office and when the vet came into see my pet, she looked as if she had just rolled out of bed. Her hair was disheveled and going in every direction, her scrubs looked to be pajamas rather than scrubs and the care my pet got was slim to none and had to be euthanized a couple days later. Personally, I'm glad she is gone so no other pets will suffer from her lack of care. I have never felt more disrespected by staff as well as the vet on duty. I will never set foot in PCH again, ever. I have moved on.
    • 199 posts
    June 30, 2013 7:20:55 PM PDT
    At least your friend was not run down by a Silver Dodge truck in her front yard like I was Whoas
    • 199 posts
    June 30, 2013 7:21:39 PM PDT
    No offense but it is a little scary when a crazy person tries to run you over.
    • 179 posts
    June 30, 2013 8:25:42 PM PDT
    PEOPLE omg ;) I wish this topic could be deleted. Sure I had my not so nice issues with PCH but I have have good things too. since I moved up in 2007. but wow so sad we all have to argue over and over. :( hugs to everyone
    • 330 posts
    June 30, 2013 9:06:32 PM PDT
    That might have been when my friend had a horrible case of pneumonia and almost ended up hospitalized. Yet she still went in to work every day because she had made the commitment to do so.
    As far as being run down by a truck I think it's out of line for you to assume it was by someone from Prairie Creek if it happened at all.
    • 330 posts
    June 30, 2013 9:14:27 PM PDT
    FYI....I don't use PCH never have and never will. Even if my friend had stayed I wouldn't have switched from Marysville. The few times I did call in the past couple of years I was treated rudely, and that was not when Marissa was there. But Marissa should be given a chance without prejudice from previous customers, vets, etc. She is trying to make a go of it. If you don't like her don't go there......a simple solution. There are numerous other vets in the area.

• 199 posts
    June 30, 2013 11:28:13 PM PDT
    many whoas I can see how it would be
    • 199 posts
    June 30, 2013 11:32:41 PM PDT
    convenient to think I I lied about the incident with the truck, but I did not and as a result I have taken precautions to ensure that I do not end up in a situation like that again. I did not say that I was run down by a person at PCAH and I find it interesting that you reached that conclusion. I have posted a reward for info leading to aprehesion of the person who tried to run e over and that reward still stands. I a sure that anyone who faced such an attack at their ho.e as I did would be just as upset as I a. (sorry key next to n not working on .y co.puter
    • 199 posts
    June 30, 2013 11:48:56 PM PDT
    I also strongly agree that individuals have the right to seek veterinary care where ever they wish and am a strong believer in honoring the right to a second opinion if a client so desires. Likewise in the twenty plus years I have worked in the veterinary field I have not EVER worked at a hospital that requires a written consent to forward copies of veterinary records especially not when contacted by the doctor who is seeing that patient at that time as to do so is often not in the best interests of the patient being treated. Nor have I nor would I insult my colleagues by refusing such a request as to do so is unprofessional in the extreme. Further it is my belief that if I did my job correctly and well that my colleagues review of my records will bear that out and I value their insights.

Obviously you respect the opinion of Dr Troy Young and his associates at Marysville Veterinary hospital, a sentiment I second heartily. I suggest you ask them what sort of ethical and moral fiber I possess if you doubt my integrity, honesty and character.
    Respectfully
    Dr S
    • 330 posts
    July 1, 2013 9:01:42 AM PDT
    DR S. I'm sure there are a lot of clinics that don't require written consent, but my vet in Denver required it when I moved back to Southern Calif, my vet in San Diego required it when we moved north and Loomis Vet Clinic required it when we transferred to Marysville.................. As far as the incident in your driveway I don't know if your being honest or not and I honestly don't care.....what I do know is when you posted that it was also posted that a truck matching that description was parked in the carport at PCH!! Then the minute Marissa posts something on here you go on the attack stating that she's watching too many episodes of the X files and that she's having paranoid delusions....I think that's out of line and is both insulting and unethical!!! But that is just my ever so humble opinion!!! Personally, I think it's time you move on and leave Marissa alone. I don't need to ask Troy about you because I don't really care...but I do respect Troy. Troy AND Beth have been close friends for MANY years. I was at Troy's wedding when he remarried as well as the funeral for his infant son who died in utero. So I have much more then a vet/client relationship with Troy.
    • 921 posts
    July 1, 2013 9:05:13 AM PDT
    At the risk of being repetitive, and only because the question is being lost: Does ANYONE know who the vets are that are currently working at PCAH?
    • 151 posts
    July 1, 2013 10:22:23 AM PDT
    You might do better to just call them and ask.
    • 921 posts
    July 1, 2013 11:40:00 AM PDT
    good point, itsjustferkicks. I did. Now I know.
    • 199 posts
    July 1, 2013 1:00:59 PM PDT
    Many Whoas
    I'm not attacking Marissa but I seriously doubt that anyone would impersonate a client to get records and I also do not believe that clients are purposefully asking for multiple copies of records. Who is making the accusations here?
    • 330 posts
    July 1, 2013 1:21:08 PM PDT
    Really??? Sounds like you need to stop watching the X-files..Sounds like a paranoid delusion..........
    I'm sorry, you don't think that is an attacking and insulting remark...........I found it rather offensive....but as I said before that is my humble opinion.
    • 199 posts
    July 1, 2013 8:20:00 PM PDT
    Many Whoas,
    Just as you are entitled to your opinion, so am I and I do believe that accusing someone (who by the way??) of impersonating clients to divert records and accusing clients (the very ones you are begging to come back and spend money at your business by the way) of asking for multiple copies of records absolutely sounds paranoid to me. I am going to ask again: Who would do this? And exactly who is Mrs. Chaillie accusing?
    There is no doubt whatsover that like the allegation made in writing by your friend that I supposedly took a client list from PCAH that these impersonators and trouble making file demanding clients are pure fabrication and that is my opinion.
    • 33 posts
    July 1, 2013 8:22:41 PM PDT
    manywhoas,
    I am glad that your beloved pets are in the capable hands of Dr. Troy and his staff. Perhaps you could enlighten others about the excellent care your pets have received there instead of championing a business you admittedly know nothing about.
    • 330 posts
    July 2, 2013 7:57:44 AM PDT
    mhaj, I have posted numerous times over the years that I receive excellent care from Troy and Marysville Vet Clinic. And FYI I'm not trying to "champion" PCAH. But she is being attacked over a matter that started before she even took over control of the clinic, she is being insulted and attacked by Dr. S. I think it should stop. Dr. S. says she's not attacking her but I think accusing Marissa of watching too many episodes of the X files and having paranoid delusions, is insulting and attacking and is not very professional. But that is my opinion and I'm entitled to have that opinion. I realize that Dr. S is not happy about not being able to buy the clinic, but I feel she needs to move on and let Marissa try to succeed. And while I don't use PCAH I think it is a needed business in the community. If I wasn't happy at Troy's I'd switch and give them a chance. But I have no reason to switch. The only encounters I had with PCAH were negative and that was not when Marissa was even there. My only experience with Marissa was when a friends horse was poisoned and she and Dr. Challie were both wonderful. But that was many years ago. What I read in Marissa's note is that they are trying to get records to people. All they are requesting is a form be signed and as I have said I have had to request records in writing on numerous occasions. She also said that one of the complaints on this forum was from a person who had requested records before she even took over control. Apparently those records have been sitting in the file and the person has not been in to pick them up. Sounds to me like she is trying to work with people, yet she is still being villafied for taking over the clinic based on things that happened years ago. All I'm saying is she should be given a chance to make the clinic a success. If you don't like her don't go there, but the insults, attacks and unprofessional behavior should stop!!
    • 45 posts
    July 2, 2013 8:13:28 AM PDT
    I agree with you.
    • 113 posts
    July 2, 2013 8:24:10 AM PDT
    manywhoas: Not my impression that it is about Marissa requiring a written request, yada yada. It is about the length of time to get said records. When I switched vets after Doctor Sullivan left and Marissa took over , I asked my new vet's office to request the records which a new vet has the right to do. They requested them several times and never got said records. I finally went in and stood at the counter until I had records in hand much to the staff's dismay. All the messages I am reading above are complaining about the length of time it takes to get the records, that's all. If a vet office requests them, I shouldn't have to go in and sign a release as I have given said release to the new vet to get my records. Name calling needs to stop now. If you are such a supporter of Marissa, then take your pets there and let us know how that works for you.
    • 256 posts
    July 3, 2013 8:31:48 AM PDT
    negative attitudes, negative thoughts or statements of any kind, negative feelings or opinons, bring illness to your physical being
    • 330 posts
    July 3, 2013 8:39:03 AM PDT
    dragonfly....you and tmtoledo are the only ones that have complained about not receiving you records.....and apparently tmtoledo's records have been sitting in her file since the middle of March, and even when notified of that he/she didn't go in to pick up the records. Hopefully by now they have gone in to get their records. two people and you complained about rude treatment. But I have a feeling they could never do anything to make you happy. One of the few times I called down there with an emergency I was treated so rudely.....I vowed never again!!!! And that was when Dr. S. and Dr. Challie were there......so it's not all Marissa. They appear to have a history of rudeness by their staff.
    • 65 posts
    July 3, 2013 9:04:59 AM PDT
    PraireeCreek, you state that your office has never refused to release records....on May 14th my husband took our dog to Marysville Vet for a pre-boarding physical and that office called your office and requested her file and was told that they would under no circumstances be released. There was no mention of a signed request for release, just a flat out refusal. My husband had no idea that there was any kind of ownership or management change at PCH and knows absolutely nothing about this issue and was very perplexed and concerned. He mentioned it in passing when he returned from the appt and now I see that you say there is no truth to this fact. I have never had a problem with you as we have only used your office for a couple of emergencies and for the most part were satisfied, but this statement you are making is absolutely false.
    • 330 posts
    July 3, 2013 9:15:12 AM PDT
    dragonfly.....I have to ask you something. Back in March on the 15th, you said had returned to your previous vet in Penn Valley.....on the 20th you posted, in reference to records, "I got a copy of mine early on, boy am I glad I did"....also on the 20th.."I don't care what vet might come in other than Dr. Sullivan, the clinic will never see another penny from me". Sooo if those statements were made why did you take a pet there in June??? and if you already had copies of your records why did you have to go in and stand at the counter till you had your records in hand??? hmmmmm...... something just isn't adding up!
    • 113 posts
    July 3, 2013 10:49:35 AM PDT
    Because - the pet I took in was in an emergency condition unfortunately and they were the only ones that could see her quickly. As for records, yes, I did get them early on and thought I had the complete set of records (diagnosis and notes, etc.) instead I just had a set of the computer billing print outs which I didn't realize until I had to go to Penn Valley. I thought everything had been included as I asked in the beginning. It had not, also some of the treatment records were missing. Hence when Penn Valley couldn't get them, I had to go back and wait for them. It was a costly mistake to return to PCH even in the emergency situation and the ultimate consequence of my poor choice was the passing of my pet. So yes, I did donate another penny there, hoping against hope that the situation might have improved. But that event for sure was the last penny :-) Does it all add up yet :-)
    • 60 posts
    July 3, 2013 11:53:46 AM PDT
    That's It!
    I have to put in my opinion, usually I avoid these stupid arguments. But, this one has gotten out of hand.
    #1. Who is the Veterinarian at PCAH. We have a right to know who is there before we take our animals in.

#2. HEY MARISSA! Maybe people up here are asking for their records, because they don't like you!! People usually go to a hospital because they like the doctor. Nobody gives a ____ about you. However, you have always been rude and disrespectful, you are still rude and disrespectful. This is a small community where word travels fast... At first I didn't give in to the original gossip about PCAH. Then, I found out first hand that you really are a miserable person. Know that Dr. Chaillie is gone, and Dr. Sullivan are gone. There is no reason to even want to go back there. Please just send people their pet records, of course, after they request them in writing...that way you won't accuse other people of requesting other peoples records?

Whatever?
    • 20 posts
    July 3, 2013 12:00:14 PM PDT
    manywhoas said:
    dragonfly.....I have to ask you something. Back in March on the 15th, you said had returned to your previous vet in Penn Valley.....on the 20th you posted, in reference to records, "I got a copy of mine early on, boy am I glad I did"....also on the 20th.."I don't care what vet might come in other than Dr. Sullivan, the clinic will never see another penny from me". Sooo if those statements were made why did you take a pet there in June??? and if you already had copies of your records why did you have to go in and stand at the counter till you had your records in hand??? hmmmmm...... something just isn't adding up!

What's not adding up is why you continue to be so accusatory towards people who have anything negative to day about their experience with PCH. Look at the post above. You sound like a defense attorney attacking a hostile witness.

I don't have a dog in this fight (forgive the pun) but I do know that Dr. Sullivan is well liked and respected throughout the foothills. You certainly cannot say the same about Marissa and PCH, no matter how many times you grill the people who share their stories. Since you don't even use PCH - and never have - what is your connection to them and why are you so quick to jump to their defense?

I've never met Dr. Sullivan but I do know people who swear by her and truly apreciate her kindness and competence in dealing with their furry friends. Perhaps it might be best if everyone who DOESN'T have a direct interest in this just shut up (and I include myself).

Choosing a veterinarian to take care of your animals is a very personal thing. When you have a bad experience, it's natural to want to warn others so they won't have to go through the same ordeal. In this instance, it seems pretty clear a LOT of people have issues with PCH and have had since Dr. Wulf (bless him) left.

Ayway, I'm done. I hope people can dial back some of the hostile rhetoric and just remember why this whole forum was created - to help foothill residents communicate with each other and discuss our issues with respect and courtesy.

Have a nice day.

• 330 posts
    July 3, 2013 1:55:31 PM PDT
    Dragonfly.....OK.....but when you first requested the records that was before Marissa took over, so if they weren't complete that wasn't her fault.
    Oracle......I'm sure that Dr. S is well respected and liked, and I know a lot of people are unhappy about her leaving. But that is no reason to attack Marissa. She is trying to make the clinic a go and she should be given that opportunity.. Many of the people who are complaining about her have never had any contact with her.....they are just repeating what they've been told by others. I HAVE had my issues with PCAH, and it happened at a time when Marissa was not involved with the clinic. I had an emergency and was basically told too bad, the animal couldn't be seen they were too busy!! So much for an emergency clinic. But that was my issue and it took place in the past.
    Cheyenne....if you want to know who the current vet is get on the phone and call them and ask!! And if you feel that Marissa is such a miserable person why do you even care who the vet is.....It doesn't sound like you would be taking an animal there anyway. PCAH has had numerous issues ever since Dr Wulfe left. There have been complaints about Dr. Challie too. Maybe EVERYONE should step back and leave Marissa alone. She is trying to make things work out.
    • 113 posts
    July 3, 2013 2:57:31 PM PDT
    Manywhoas, I requested the records the day Marissa was supposed to take over the clinic, however she had not showed up that day so technically "it was before she took over." Not sure who is telling you when I was last at PCAH as obviously there is a breach of confidentiality if you are in possession of such knowledge. Thankfully, they provided you with incorrect information so I wouldn't repeat it. The first set was not complete, then the second set was also just the computer billing print out. Hence my standing at the counter until I had a correct set with all the notes, etc. I don't care what Marissa does, I just don't want anymore animals to suffer at the clinic's revolving vets. People deserve quality service and competent care for their pets. I'm done. Everyone have a happy 4th of July!